• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

Is it possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kohmi

I got my period on April but I'm 3 weeks late now in May.

My question is: can I be pregnant even though I got my period the month before?

Becky

<b>Community Manager</b>
Sorry hun I didnt see this until just now! Are you pregnant? Are you pleased or is it not what you wanted? x Give me a shout if you need to chat!

C

Cassie

Sorry, I've only just seen this too. Hope that whatever the result is that you're happy and healthy.

It's worth mentioning that:

You can still get pregnant if you have sex while you're on your period - sperm can live in the female body for up to three days.

You can have a light period and still be pregnant - some women continue having light periods all the way through pregnancy and don't even realise that they're pregnant.

Good luck Kohmi xxx

Kohmi

Thanks. :)

I don't know if I'm pregnant. I took 2 pregnancy tests at home but they were negative. I'm going to the doctor next week to find out for sure.

C

Cassie

Hospitals and Doctors use the same basic pregnancy tests that you can buy in a pharmacy.

Bear in mind that provided you follow the instructions properly, these tests are very accurate, but not completely fool-proof.

If it sets your mind at rest, do see your doctor, but after two negative tests, it sounds unlikely that you're pregnant. x

Kohmi

I'm getting a blood test though. But yeah, I don't think I'm pregnant. I hope it's nothing serious either. :( I've always had an irregular period but I've never been one whole month without having it.

C

Cassie

Most of us will find during our lives that we seem to miss a cycle every now and then.
This can be due to a change in diet, medication, mild anaemia, lifestyle, exercise, weight loss or even simply stress.
I've missed a couple before, but never with any problems. Sometimes flow can simply be so very light that you don't even notice.
Good luck at the doctor's. x

G

Gilla01

Have you lost a lot of weight, or been very stressed, lately? Either of those can affect the regularity of per periods.

Kohmi

I went to the doctor and got a blood test for a lot of things. Everything was normal. And I'm not pregnant. I still haven't had my period. My Dr. told me to get a sonogram to see if there's something wrong with my ovaries. :/

But he told me that this happens to some women and that it's probably nothing serious.

true islam

from how long you dont have the peroid?
how old r u ?
any stress happen to u ? because this can be cause by any stress in your life
i am medical student & i hope i can help u

ohnina

A lot of girls have irregular periods, me being one of them. I once missed mine for a couple months! But anyways, it's nothing abnormal and it isn't something to stress about. If the distance between your period becomes worse, ask the doctor what you could do to control this. It may have something to do with your ovaries, which in my case it was. My doctor prescribed me birth control pills, and my period maintained regularity after that. However, this also depends on your age. But do not stress out, talk to your doctor if you have any concerns, I'm sure they will help you out. :]

Status
Not open for further replies.